Headlines: 15 May 2022
– Senior Citizens League predicts a COLA rise of 8.6% for Social Security recipients in 2023.
– Perigo CEO says baby formula shortage could last the rest of the year. What has the White House said?
– Bitcoin falls below $30,000, what is causing the crypto-collapse?
– Russia’s currency, the ruble, is one of three that made gains against the US dollar this year, in spite of sanctions.
– California governor Gavin Newsom releases new proposal that includes the sending of gas stimulus checks to the state’s residents.
– Average price for gallon of gas in US inches up further, $4.43 on Friday.
– Inflation increased 0.3 percent in April, for a year over year increase of 8.3%.
– US 30-year fixed mortgage rate rises to 5.3% according to St Louis Fed, increased rate could cool house price rise.
Helpful information and links
– What is the average retirement income for a single person?
– How long does it take for a SNAP application to be approved?
– Pros and cons of a 30-year or 20-year mortgage for home purchasesPrevious